He is not able to eat much because of his sore throat so I cooked his favorite sopas. It's actually a complete meal in itself because it has carbo (macaroni), protein (chicken) and vegetables (potato, carrots and bell pepper). The original recipe had spinach in it but I couldn't find spinach in the market today so I skipped it. Anyhow, Miguel still liked it so much that he had 3 bowls of it.
Feel Good Chicken Soup
Recipe from www.yummy.ph
Serves 4 to 6 Prep Time 15 minutes Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 2 11-gram chicken broth cube
- 1/2 cup small diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup garbanzos (I use elbow macaroni or shell pasta)
- 1 liter water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium roasted red bell pepper,diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- Heat olive oil. Sauté onion and chicken for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth cube and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in potatoes and garbanzos; cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bell pepper and simmer for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour in all-purpose cream. Add spinach and serve hot.