Feel Good Chicken Soup

Miguel was feverish since last night due to sore throat and extreme cough but it was not anything that his yaya can't handle so I didn't really think I had to skip work today. But my heart just melted when he looked at me with those pitiful eyes of his with tears running down his face as if saying, "Mommy, please stay." So I stayed home and played mom, yaya and nurse the whole day.

He is not able to eat much because of his sore throat so I cooked his favorite sopas. It's actually a complete meal in itself because it has carbo (macaroni), protein (chicken) and vegetables (potato, carrots and bell pepper). The original recipe had spinach in it but I couldn't find spinach in the market today so I skipped it. Anyhow, Miguel still liked it so much that he had 3 bowls of it.

 

Feel Good Chicken Soup
Recipe from www.yummy.ph

Serves 4 to 6  Prep Time 15 minutes  Cooking Time 15 minutes
 
Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 kilo chicken breast, boiled and shredded
  • 2 11-gram chicken broth cube
  • 1/2 cup small diced potatoes
  • 1/2 cup garbanzos (I use elbow macaroni or shell pasta)
  • 1 liter water
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 medium roasted red bell pepper,diced
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose cream 
  • 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
Procedures:
  1. Heat olive oil. Sauté onion and chicken for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth cube and stir until completely  dissolved. Stir in potatoes and garbanzos; cook for 2 minutes.
  2. Pour in water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Add bell pepper and simmer for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour in all-purpose cream. Add spinach and serve hot.

Comments