Oh My Chicken!


My son came home from school last Thursday with his knitting set. He was supposed to practice his knitting skills but he was so confused. I felt so helpless because I could not teach him as I do not know know the first thing about knitting.  

And so I spent a good part of the weekend learning how to knit via the ever reliable You Tube. With a P15 purple yarn and a pair of wooden chopsticks as makeshift knitting needles, I was able to complete a small square by early Sunday morning. Now I know what a 'cast on' and a 'knit stitch' is. That is enough to assist my little boy with his knitting lessons.

 
My wooden chopsticks and my first knitted square  

Miguel has been quacking about his classmate being able to knit a chicken already so I decided to take it a little further. I looked for a simple chicken pattern over the internet and I found one via the Handmade Homemaker blog. 

After about 3.5hrs, I finished it!



Oh my chicken!



Comments