I Am A Writer


I have been writing for quite a while but I never considered myself a writer. I have always thought that writers are those whose works are published and those who has followers that devours their written work. I've never been published and I doubt if I have any real followers in this blog site of mine. My only surefire loyal readers are my husband and 2 sisters. And that is only because I forced them to subscribe!

Thanks to a good friend who introduced me to the works of Mr. Jeff Goins. He totally changed my way of thinking about how writers are made. Suddenly I have that thought that I may actually be a writer. Hmmm...

Now I am even taking this bold move to participate in Jeff's 15-day journey to mastering 15 habits of great writers.  
 

Today is Day 1 and it is called Declaration Day! The first step to becoming a writer is acknowledging it. Own the title! Be the title! So here I am, coming out of my shell and declaring to the world,

I am a writer! 

I am a writer because writing is what I love to do. 

I write when I'm happy. I write when I'm sad. 

I write when I'm excited. And I write when I'm scared. 

I write when when I'm angry. Or even when hungry. 

I write when I'm lost and do not know what to do. 

I write when I'm awake and when I'm asleep

And for all of that I declare,

I am a writer!

Comments