Golden Egg Salted Duck Eggs


This golden salted duck egg was my late lunch today. Late because I attended a Human Heart Nature Magalogue Turnover session at 11am and I did not get home until 2pm. I was supposed to have a lunch date with my sister at the Enchanted Cafe but due to some unfortunate events, she was not able to make it. So instead of dining alone, I just bought a half dozen Golden Egg Salted Duck Eggs and went home.


Once I arrived home, I picked out one of my salted eggs, opened it, scooped it and mixed it with sliced tomato. I put a little bit of water so it won't be too dry. Just the right amount of saltiness with yummy tomatoes - delicioso!

 

This Golden Egg Salted Duck Eggs is not really new to me and my family. I discovered it in November last year when I attended the Human Heart Nature 2nd Annual Summit held in Gawad Kalinga's Enchanted Farm in Angat, Bulacan. It was a pretty hard-to-find item at that time because except from the farm, I do not know where else to get it. Fortunately, this is now available in the Human Heart Nature Head Office as well as the newly opened Enchanted Farm Cafe, both in Commonwealth Quezon City. 

So what makes it different from the other salted duck eggs?

Well, one distinct difference is that it is colored yellow instead of the usual red. This is because instead of food coloring, this eggs get their golden color naturally by being soaked in turmeric or yellow ginger.

Also, these eggs organically produced by Golden Egg Chain, Inc., one of the many social enterprises* situated in the GK Enchanted Farm in Bulacan.  


If you want to try these healthy salted eggs, they are available at the Human Heart Nature Store and the Enchanted Farm Cafe at Commonwealth Ave., Quezon City.

 
Human Heart Nature Flagship Store
460 Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City
Monday - Friday: 9:00am-6:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am-5:00pm

  
2nd Floor, Human Nature Building, 
460 Commonwealth Ave., Quezon City. 
Monday - Saturday: 8:30am-6:00pm



* Wikipedia Definition of Social Enterprise: A social enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being, rather than maximising profits for external shareholders.


Comments