Family Picnics

If I remember right, our last family picnic was back in September 2007 in La Mesa Ecopark. Back then, my little Miguel was just a year old and the only baby in the family. My youngest sister was yet to give birth to her firstborn.
 
 September 2007 - La Mesa Ecopark

It took five years before we were able to do it again. This time the kiddos total to three (3) and pounds of fat have taken residence in all parts of our bodies.

 
March 2012 - UP Diliman

This year's picnic destination was UP Diliman. My youngest sister and her family now lives in Cavite but were willing to travel all the way to QC so early in the morning to join us. My brother-in-law even managed to cooked his signature lasagna. On the other hand, I was too lazy to cook anything so I suggested that we drop by Centris Sunday Market to buy food. We bought 2 orders of pancit bihon, 6pcs of Vigan empanada, 3 bars of kesong puti and one pack of mini pandesal.


In a world full of techie entertainment - TV, computers, Ipads, mobile phones, etc. - allotting a few hours with nature is a welcome break. The kids had a blast climbing trees.....




and running  in grass covered ground. 


My father took the two older kiddos to a long walk around the area. While me, my sisters and mother caught up with each others' lives as we munch on the food in front of us. It was a good bonding activity. 

We capped off the day with a sumptuous lunch in Max's Restaurant in QC Circle. And we parted ways with a promise to do it again. Maybe next week.....


Comments

  1. I believe the 1st picnic was sept 10, 2007. Kasi after that picnic we went to cavite to attend Seth's birthday. Then a few hrs after getting home, my water bag broke and Agatha came to the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment