Hello 2012!

The new year has officially began and we're into the first 10 hours of 2012 as I write this. 

Woke up at 8am with a smile on my face as I see my little boy still sleeping so peacefully beside me and my good-looking (*wink wink*) husband already awake and tinkering with his favorite toy, his Samsung SII. What a wonderful 2012 morning, right?

As I go down the stairs to the first floor of my parent's place, where we've been staying since Christmas day, I see my ever zealous Nanay sweeping the floor. Sometimes I wonder if I am really my Nanay's daughter because I don't have her dedication to domestic work which stems out from her love for her family to give them the cleanest and most sanitized place to live in that she can provide. I see that quality in my youngest sister who has two kids of her own but I must admit that it is something I need to work on.  

Next I see my Tatay strolling in his mini garden. It is still a work-in-progress but it has indeed progressed in the last couple of months. I am sure it brings him a lot of pride and joy to have a place where he can have fruit-bearing trees, vegetables and other decorative plants as well as a space where his apos (grandkids) can run around freely.   

The Christian church beside us has started their Sunday service and are singing their praises to the Lord. It is always good to hear nice worship songs in the morning. My retreat last December has rekindled my relationship with the Lord and hopefully the fire will consistently burn throughout the year. But knowing me, there is that big possibility that the fire will be blown by the wind from time to time. Here's hoping that I may be able to find my way back when I go astray.  

I have now posted our best pics from last night's revelry in my FB account. Unfortunately our family pic is missing my sister and her brood. Her youngest had a bout with pneumonia recently so they opted to spend  New Year's Eve in a hotel in Tagaytay  to escape the firecracker pollution of the metro. I hope next year we'll be together again. 

Hay! We'll be heading back to our home in Manila in a few hours. Holiday vacay is over. 

Thanks to my Tatay and Nanay for always accommodating us in your lovely home. It was another wonderful holidays spent with you. 'Til the next long holiday! Love you! Mwah!



Comments