Come Jesus, Come

One of the things I look forward to during the holiday season is the annual advent retreat that I share with my former BPI colleagues. It's a yearly event that I have participated in for the last 12 years, missing it 4x only. It's a weekend break from the chaotic world. A weekend of silence and just communing with nature. A weekend spent primarily to recharge the spirit and strengthen my relationship with the Lord. Setting aside a full weekend to be with Him is my way saying thanks for all the blessings he has continually showered upon me and my family.  


Don Bosco Batulao, Batangas, this year's retreat venue.


My resting place for the weekend.

 I loved how the Way of the Cross was presented that I had to take a shot of each one.

A few of the many inspirational inscriptions around the retreat house grounds.

The Chapel on the Hill is one of the famous wedding churches in these area and it is part of the retreat house. 

One of the interesting feature of the Chapel on the Hill is the Labyrinth that is etched in the chapel floor. As the inscription in the above states, a labyrinth is a sacred circle with a single path that leads to its center. Walking the path leads itself to prayer and meditation. This kinesthetic style of prayer is especially valuable during those times when words cannot express the depths or heights of our experience.  It was indeed a good exercise for prayer and meditation and one that I would love to do again and again, and again.

 Last day of the retreat. Photo ops before finally heading home. =)

Thank you Lord for giving me this opportunity to be with you for a full weekend every year. 

Thank you to Mr. & Mrs. Adre for inviting me and my friends many years ago to join them in this annual retreat. Little did I know that it would become my personal tradition to come here year after year.

Thank you to my fellow retreatants for sharing your time and making each year memorable. 



Comments