Blessed

I cannot help but be a tad bit sentimental whenever a year is about to drop its final curtains. Images of what transpired in the last 365 days just automatically runs through my mind as if I pushed the Play button of a movie player and the movie reels in. 

2011, like each year before it, has its unique blessings and challenges but I will remember it for 2 reasons:

1. Running
It was the year I started running again. I joined a total of 17 running events in 2011 - 5 5k, 10 10k and 2 16k events and spent P10,000 in registration fees alone. Yes, it was quite expensive but still I think it was money well spent simply because I enjoyed every minute of it. There is always an exhilarating feeling of accomplishment everytime I finish a run. Then follow it up with a good hearty breakfast with hubby and Miguel. Happiness!

I have ran the streets of Roxas Blvd., CCP, Macapagal Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, McKinley Hill and Commonwealth Avenue. Still dreaming of running the Skyway. Hopefully it will come true in 2012.


I met a lot of new people and made friends with runners like me. Some who were struggling with their 5ks when I met them are now half marathoners. Others who are more advance runners are now doing ultra-marathons. Their achievements inspire me to do better. I have been doing 5k events for the longest time and my goal early this year was to run a 10k before the year ends. But I outdid myself . Not only did I accomplish my 10k run, I even did two 16k runs. Winner!


My running has also rubbed off on my 5year old son and he enjoys running as much as I do. It has become one of our bonding moments. We even landed a photo slot in the Oct-Dec 2011 issue of the Runner's World Philippines.

Lastly, I have also channeled whatever writing skills I have to chronicle my runs via my other blogsite Running Nanay.

2. Quitting My Job
One of the biggest decisions I made in 2011 was quitting my job. Yes, I am currently unemployed and for some people it would seem to be one of the most stupidest decision one can ever make in this time of economic crisis. But I have my reasons and I don't have to explain it to everybody. Besides there are other means of earning without necessarily having a fixed 9-to-5 job cooped up in an office.  I have taken the first steps and I am praying that it will prosper and 2012 will bring a new and brighter future for me and my family.

I don't have much financially but most of life's real treasures are not quantifiable in any monetary currency. And these are the things that I am most thankful for. 

I am blessed with a husband who always stand by me thru good and bad times. 

I am blessed with a loving son. He is God's biggest miracle in my life.


I am blessed with a closed-knit family. Though we have our differences, I know we will always be there for each other no matter what. 

Thank you 2011 for 365 days of blessings. May 2012 be as blessed. To God be the glory.

Happy New Year!


Comments