Lugawan

It was a cold, rainy morning and Miguel and I decided to go to the nearest  lugawan for a bowlful of hot lugaw and tokwa on the side.

 There was a bit of a drizzle so I had him put on his rain jacket, cap and blue boots. Boy, did he enjoy walking in the rain in those boots!

Miguel enjoyed his lugaw and finished the whole bowl. =)



The whole activity reminded me of my own lugaw dates with my Tatay back in the days. We would frequent the nearest wet market on weekends and eat our hearts out with a bowl of hot steaming lugaw. He would finish his in a whiz without scalding his tongue and then waits for me for another half hour till I finish mine. When I got older, me and my sister would join him in his early Sunday morning runs and then cap it off with a lugaw breakfast in one of those lugawan stalls that we came across in our trail. It was definitely one of those father-daughter bonding moments that I look back every now and then.

Now, I am having my own lugaw dates with my unico hijo. I hope he remembers this as one of our fondest moments and maybe he'll have the same dates with his kids someday.... in the very, very far future. Hehe!

*For other readings on Lugaw, try this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugaw

Comments

Post a Comment