Scaredy–cat

I got this scary e-mail from my sister yesterday about riding jeepneys. 

TO ALL JEEP RIDERS: 3pm Jeep sa Shaw Blvd.
May isang Jeep sa may Shaw Blvd. May Pasaherong matandang Babae o lalaki sa may likuran ng driver. May couple naman sa may gitna, na mukhang tulog yung girl kasi inaalalayan ng boy, at may isang girl sa may likuran ng jeep malapit sa pinto. Pag bayad ng babae ng pamasahe, lumipat ng pwesto ang matanda sa kabilang side ng couple. Tapos sinabihan ang babae na BUMABA KA NA!.. BABA NA!! yun pala, nakita nung matanda nung iaabot nya ang kamay niya para makuha pamasahe nung babae na ang couple ( to be) ay may dugo.. may dugo ang babae sa tagiliran kaya naka akbay ang mga braso nya sa lalaki. Hinoldup pala ng lalaki ang babae saka sinaksak. Patay na pala ang babae. wala ng naka alam kung ano ang nangyari sa matanda, since naipit na siya nung couple pero natulungan nya ang babae na makababa pa ng jeep. INGAT PO TAYONG LAHAT AT SANA MAGING ALERTO SA MGA PAGKAKATAONG BUHAY NA ANG NAKATAY.. SYEMPRE, DASAL PA DIN PO .

 It bothered me so much that  I could not shake off the image I conjured up in my head that I hard time sleeping last night. It was like a horror movie which kept reeling over and over in my mind. I guess it terrified me so much because I easily identified myself with the situation as I do ride jeepneys everyday. 

I woke up with that image still in my head but with a clearer perspective. I began to think about the logistics of the story and I started asking questions. The most puzzling one being , who lived to tell the tale? Sure the girl/woman who was supposedly ordered by the old lady to step down from the jeepney obviously survived but how could she have known what the old lady saw  when she already left the 'scene of the crime'. The way the story was narrated the old woman only had time to ask her leave, nothing more. So who told the tale? The driver? Were there other passengers in the jeepney? 

My sister later told me that one of her friends told her that she remembers reading a similar tale but instead of Shaw Blvd., it supposedly happened in the Monumento-Valenzuela route. Now, the whole story sounds a bit fishy, don't cha think?       
  

Comments