1st Day High


 
I took a half-day leave today to accompany Miguel in his first day of kinder school. It was an event I missed last year due to an out-of-the-country assignment. Thanks to hubby who took, what he called a "blow-by-blow" photo account of the momentous event in our little boy's life and sent them to me. It suffice that time because there was nothing I can do about the situation but I told myself I am not missing it this year. 

He was ok once in school but his pre-school morning tantrums were a bit of a challenge.  

First, he refused to take a bath. I had to force him while he wailed, "Yoko maligo! Gusto ko baho!" the whole time.

Second, he refused to eat his breakfast. It took a lot of cajoling before he finally gave in. However, he only finished half of the breakfast I prepared for him. 

Third, he won't drink his choco milk. This one is a recorded failed attempt. I just left it in the refrigerator and told his nanny to try to offer it to him again later in the day. 

Fourth, he got all riled up when he saw that his baon was a juice drink and not Milo. 

Lastly, he wouldn't wear his shoes but instead insisted on wearing his slippers to school. To prevent another crying bout, I conceded to his request. When we reached the school, I pointed out to him that the other kids were all wearing shoes so he should also wear his. I guess he realized his "uniqueness" so he immediately agreed to let me put on his shoes. 

Everything went smoothly from there. When the teacher started requesting the kids to line up, he went to his line and marched into the classrooms without any problem. 

Three hours later, he was all smiles when he saw me again in school to pick him up. 

Comments

  1. wahoo!!! another milo kid in the family!!!
    ♫♪ milo everyday!!! ♫♪

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment